New concepts for innovation and cooperation
Innovationscluster Metall-Keramik-Kunststoff (IMKK - Innovation cluster metals-ceramics-plastics)
In 2007, in the north of Rhineland-Palatinate, region-specific industry priorities with high growth potential were identified. In the Westerwald region (the districts of Altenkirchen, Neuwied and Westerwald) more than 25,000 people found jobs in over 250 companies (with more than 20 employees) within these industries.
To make greater use of the existing potential and exploit the existing synergies, the IMKK was founded.
The IMKK supports regional networking with various measures such as:
- IMKK community stands at trade fairs
- Newsletters with news from the fields of education, research, economy and the region
- Organising symposia and networking events
- Cluster school trips - connecting schools and businesses
- Comprehensive research opportunities in the online database
The Innovation Cluster is a joint initiative by the districts of Altenkirchen, Neuwied and Westerwald and is promoted by the Ministerium für Wirtschaft, Klimaschutz, Energie und Landesplanung Rheinland-Pfalz (MWKEL - Ministry for the Economy, Climate Protection, Energy and Regional Planning).